Saturday, 7 January 2017
Beginning from the 23rd day of the 12th lunar month which is January 20, 2017 it is customary for Chinese people to have a thorough cleaning out of their houses. They refer to the cleaning process as "sweeping the dust" which means getting rid of old things. The Chinese people follow very strict traditions which includes saying goodbye to the past year and welcoming the new year with a fresh start.
Chinese New Year house cleaning is actually one of the most important traditions in all of China, besides the parades and red envelopes. The ritual itself is called da sao chu. A few days before the new year, Chinese families undergo a complete home purge and they scrub down every nook and cranny of their houses.
• It is customary for the Chinese people to sweep out the bad luck away from their homes and so that they can welcome the new year with open arms. In order to eliminate all the dust and dirt inside their houses, they often make use of the rule of attraction. They would typically use a type of cleaning wand which is completely made out of readily available materials. They take a hanger or a broomstick and wrap a stocking around it. This allows them to be able to clean every part of their house without leaving anything behind. This is a very effective cleaning method because nylon is easily attracted to dust particles which contain static. The Chinese people love re-purposing items so this is a great way for them to have a purge without needing to use expensive cleaning equipment.
• Another way which can help you do a complete house purge efficiently is by using stale milk and pouring some of it into a cloth wipe. However, you have to make sure that the milk is odorless and that it's not coagulated. You can use the cloth wipe soaked in some of the stale milk to restore the luster of wooden, lacquered or marble surfaces. After doing so, make sure to use a separate piece of damp cloth to make sure that it wouldn't smell like stale milk. Most people consider scrubbing down their stained toilet boil to be the worst part of their CNY house cleaning. A great way to avoid the harsh chemical smells of cleansers is by using some Coke. Simply pour down the coke into your toilet and wait overnight before scrubbing it. Since Coke contains acids, it naturally forms a soluble mixture when it gets in contact with dirt.
• Baking soda is one of the most used cleaning agents by the Chinese during their new year house cleaning. It is best used for the areas of your house which needs intensive cleaning. You can use baking soda to clean out your carpets. All you have to do is spread an even amount of it over your carpets. You may use a floor brush to make sure the baking soda is evenly distributed. Leave it overnight and then you can begin vacuuming your rugs or carpets the next day. This is a great way to save a lot of time and effort since it doesn't require any scrubbing, wringing or blotting.
• If you want to make use of all natural products for your new year purge, you can make use of an orange peel. It is a very effective natural food which is able to remove grease and any unpleasant food odors. Additionally, orange peels smell so much more fragrant compared to artificial scents and aromas typically used in regular cleaning agents. The best part about using orange peel is that you wouldn't have to deal with any headache inducing chemical residue. For your microwave, you can place some fresh orange rinds and set the microwave for a minute. After a minute has passed, you can begin wiping the microwave down with a damp cloth. The steam from the orange peel will allow the citrus oils to come out. Therefore, it would leave your microwave smelling fresh, clean and brand new.
• Washing machines are one of the most used appliances inside the house. Most people use it on a daily basis, depending on how many people there are in your household. The main purpose of this appliance is to clean your dirty laundry. This means that it is constantly filled with various types of germs. In order to make sure that there wouldn't be any mold or bacteria buildup inside your washing machine, it's important to make sure it's always clean. To prepare your washing machine, begin filling it up with water. Then, put in a small amount of distilled white vinegar inside. The white vinegar acts as a superb disinfectant which is very effective in cleaning out washing machines. Finally, run the cycle for about ten to twenty minutes to make sure everything will be thoroughly cleaned.
• If you have any wooden furniture at home and you don't know how to clean it, you can actually make use of a strong brewed tea. Simply soak a hand towel into the tea to begin your cleaning. You can wipe down any of your furniture, but especially wooden ones using this mixture. It would make them look glossy, fresh and almost brand new. The tea would also be able to leave a nice fragrant scent to your furniture which would smell nice and relaxing. This a great cleaning hack which involves very basic materials that you would already have available inside your home.
• If you own a bath tub or a shower, you would know that it is very common for silicone caulk to build up in your bathroom. It comes in the form of a glue like and translucent mixture which is often found in the edges of bath tubs and tiles. In order to be fully prepped and ready to welcome the Chinese New Year, you should make sure that the glue like substances called silicone caulk are all removed. You can do this by soaking paper towels into some bleach and scrubbing it onto the sticky edges. Make sure to leave the paper towels for a few hours before removing them. Remember to rinse out your bath tub and the tiles completely before taking a shower the next time you come into the bathroom.
Wednesday, 28 December 2016
It's messy work. However, somebody needs to do it and I'm willing to wager you’re the assigned individual yet don't invest more energy cleaning then you need to! Take after these spring cleaning tips to complete your tasks quick.
Okay, so we as a whole realize that we need to do spring cleaning on our home on the off chance that we need our home to be spotless and less distressing. On the off chance that you resemble me then a portion of the wiping gets put off a bit in the winter with the legitimization we must have the capacity to open the house up some to truly get our home clean.
No issues. It is forthcoming spring, so we need to do the grimy work now. No, all the more hesitating. We can get outside air into our homes and get our home clean yet don't invest more energy then you have to.
How to Prepare a Spring Cleaning Checklist
A spring cleaning checklist is your friend when it comes to the maintenance and cleaning of your home. This to-do list should include areas that do not get regular weekly attention and be organized room by room.
- Any spring cleaning checklist should include the garage, as it previously gets neglected in a regular cleaning schedule. Start by organizing and grouping items by theme, for example putting lawn equipment in one area, grilling items in another, and tools in a third. Any items that can leak, be it grease, oil, or other liquids can stain the floor, and you should put down absorbent mats.
- As the spring and summer, months can herald many rainy days, make sure that your spring cleaning checklist also focuses on the basement, an area where leaks are prone to occur.
- Make sure that your spring cleaning checklist includes quick maintenance on your absorbent mats and draft blockers. You can use the vacuum cleaner to remove dirt on the mats and give the draft stoppers a quick wash by hand and hang out to dry.
- Add the purchase of products which use absorbent technology to your spring cleaning checklist. You will find that this will save you time in the long run. Some homeowners use these items beneath an aquarium, a pet's feeding station, a child's feeding chair, or plants -- in short, any area where drips, spills or splashes are likely to occur.
The spring cleaning checklists will probably include painting, so ensure that you have arranged the region ahead of time by setting retentive tangles, cushions, and garments. By keeping any trickles from achieving the floor, or demolishing furniture, you will spare time and not need to tidy up the wreckage.
A good spring cleaning checklist is not finished without safeguard measures to decrease your work. Vehicles which are parked in the garage can cause damage to the floor through leaks, so absorbent mats should be placed beneath them. Transmission fluid, anti-freeze, oil spills would be soaked up before they do damage. If you like to tinker with the car yourself, these absorbent mats and pads are especially valuable to you.
Spring Cleaning Tips
1. The principal spring cleaning tip is to make a rundown of what you need to finish. For me this makes my work go super brisk.
· When you make a point by point rundown of what you need to fulfill you will invest way less energy pondering around your home doing this or that's. You require centered exertion while doing spring cleaning or it will take until the end of time.
· So how would you make your spring cleaning agenda?
· Well, the primary thing you have to do is to stroll around every room and take a gander at what you have not cleaned in a while. This incorporates fans, under sofas, dividers, and so forth. Keep in mind the corners at the roofs.
· An extraordinary approach to get spider webs is essential with a floor brush. A floor brush will reach up to the highest point of the divider with no issue, so that implies no moving for you.
· Experience every room and make an agenda of what you have to achieve that way you can deliberately experience every room and complete it.
· When you attempt to do spring cleaning without an agenda, you will wind up going from thing to thing without ever truly completing your first occupation.
2. Use the correct cleaners for the occupation
A common oversight made when cleaning is that we utilize maybe a couple multipurpose cleaners to clean everything in the house. To the extent, spring cleaning tips go this is imperative since utilizing a multi cleaner for everything implies that you will invest approach to much energy scoring when you don't have to.
· So what sort of cleaners would it be a good idea for you to use for your spring cleaning?
· You need to ensure that the cleaners you are utilizing are the suitable ones for the employment. For instance, if you are cleaning the lavatory, you ought to utilize a washroom cleaner that is made for cleaner filth. On the off chance that you are not then, you will be investing approach to much energy getting your shower clean.
· On the off chance that you are attempting to recover your floor to its unique shading ensure you utilize a story cleaner and utilize a scour brush rather than only a wipe. You will invest less energy spring cleaning your kitchen floor with a scouring brush then you would attempt to make them shimmer clean with a wipe, and it will turn out more pleasant.
3. In the rundown of spring cleaning tips is painting your dividers
· This is not cleaning but rather painting your dividers is a simple, cheap approach to truly make your home sparkle and it is flawless to do in the spring since you should have the capacity to have your windows open to paint.
· If you might want your home to have a light, breezy feel to it picks a light shading. On the off chance that you have found darker shading that you completely cherish then paint one of your four dividers with the darker shading and the rest lighter shading. The differentiation will shock.
4. Cleaning your home quick
When you have learned how to speed clean your home then you're spring cleaning tasks will be done perfectly and you will have a lot of time to appreciate the spring climate as opposed to recovering your home decent.
Saturday, 12 November 2016
Although we enjoy the services offered by our basins, most us find the cleaning part quite challenging. Cleaning basins entail focus, determination and to some extent, guts. The basin is where most of our dirt and germs are left. It is the one place that given an option, you wouldn’t want to clean. For us to stay healthy, our homes must be cleaned and that includes the basins. It is important to know what to avoid when cleaning basins. This piece is aimed at giving you detailed information on what to avoid when cleaning your basin so as to get the best results.
· Avoid hard scouring pads
There are many types of scouring pads on the market and most of them are two-sided. One side is usually soft (mostly it is a spongy material) and the other is hard or rough. If you love your basin and wish for it to stay smooth for a long time, avoid using the hard part of the scouring pad. It will leave scratches and marks on the basin. It will also affect the smoothness and shiny appearance of your basin and make it look older than it is. Sometimes we think that using the rough part and scrubbing with strength will do away with those stains. Although it may seem to work, it will leave marks and scratches on your basin. It is important also to highlight here the importance of scrubbing gently even when using a soft pad. This calls for patience and diligence.
· Avoid drying your basin with wet pads
For most of us, drying our basins with the cloth we have been using to clean is not usually a big deal. However, after cleaning your basin with the soft cloth, avoid rinsing and reusing it to dry the basin. If you do that, you return the water marks on the basin and it will not look clean and sparkling. Once it dries the watermarks will be more visible, but dry and the look will be disgusting. On the other hand, reusing the cloth will return the germs and bacteria to the basin. It is worth emphasizing that the cloth used to dry the basin should be disinfected and well dried. It is advisable to use a dry cloth that is able to absorb all the water in the basin and leave it sparkling and disinfected.
· Avoid rinsing your basin with water after using vinegar to clean.
For effective cleaning of the basin, it is advisable to use vinegar. It has anti-bacterial agents which help in enhancing your basin’s cleanliness. However, when using vinegar, avoid using water after cleaning. If you use water to clean or rinse after using vinegar, the watermarks will be left again on the basin and after it is dry it will look repulsive, untidy and uneven. For you to enjoy that even and smooth look of your basin after cleaning, avoid finishing the process by rinsing or wiping the vinegar with water.
· Avoid using vinegar on porcelain that is colored or marble.
When used on colored porcelain, vinegar will cause the basin to become faded or appear dull. The strong elements found in vinegar will sort of tarnish the original color of the basin. You are safer using the recommended products for your colored porcelain basin. You also need to avoid using vinegar on marble. Vinegar is acidic in nature and will definitely tarnish and stain any marble basin. For marble you really have to go slow and use very mild products such as warm water and a very mild soap. You can also look for something relevant in the store and ask before using. Nonetheless, you may be amazed by the results that a soft cloth and warm water will give you. So do not underestimate them.
· Avoid using products that are laced with Ammonia
Ammonia is not a safe product if ingested. Remember, there are many things that you put near or around your basin. It will be risky to use products that are laced with ammonia to clean your basin. In case the products get into contact with things such as toothbrushes, toothpaste or bathing towel, it may be dangerous. If ingested, ammonia may cause a burning sensation in the throat or around the mouth. It may also affect the respiratory tract. We are all different and react differently with various products. If you don’t know how you could react with ammonia, it will be safe for you to avoid it.
· Avoid bleaching agents
We have been made to believe that bleaching agents are the solution to all stains. However, bleaching agents have a role to play in cleaning, but not in basins. Bleach is extremely strong and has harmful contents to humans if ingested. When consumed it could lead to a choking feeling, which makes you very uncomfortable. Depending on your reaction levels, you could also feel some discomfort in your mouth and the esophagus. This may lead to nausea and sometimes vomiting. You will be safe if you avoid it and using natural products instead. Cleaning does not have to be a pain in the neck; all you need is to know what to do and the right products to use.
· Avoid cleaning your basin with naked hands
The reason why you clean your basin is because you want to get rid of all the dirt and germs. However uncomfortable it feels, using gloves will be mandatory so as to maintain your personal hygiene. Gloves will protect your skin from coming into direct contact with germs and other harmful bacteria. Also, you could cut or harm your skin as you clean using bare hands.
Beside the Television, basins are the easiest way for humans to unwind. What we need after a hard day’s work is to fill them with water and just relax. For a while nothing else matters. Everything seems so calm and we have no care in the world. That is why you need to know what to avoid when cleaning your most treasured sanctuary.
Saturday, 1 October 2016
The ever rising costs of living standards has forced many people in Singapore to spend more time working in order to sustain themselves and live a decent life. As a result, most people find it challenging to clean their house thoroughly because of limited time that they have. In fact, most people nowadays spend more than one month before they thoroughly clean their houses.
For that reason, most Singapore residence have found it necessary to hire a home cleaning company to ensure that their home is kept clean when they are busy looking for something to sustain themselves and their families. However, a study that was conducted recently by an independent institution found out that most people who complain that they don’t get quality services is because they hire cleaning companies that have not been licensed.
A cleaning company that has been licensed has complied with all laws and regulations that have been put in place by state. Some of the regulation include hiring quality staff, having the right cleaning equipment among many others. So are you considering to hire a cleaning company? If yes then below are 7 reasons to hire only licensed cleaning company.
1. They have the right cleaning equipment
When hiring a cleaning company, you of cause expect to get the best services. This is because you assume that the cleaning company that you hire has all necessary cleaning equipment that are needed to clean your house. However, in most cases, many homeowner usually end up being disappointed because they get services that is far from what they expected. Although there are many cleaning companies in Singapore, the truth is that not all of them have necessary cleaning equipment needed when cleaning a house. As a result they usually end up giving poor services to their clients. However, that is not the case when you hire a licensed cleaning company. In order for a company to be licensed in Singapore, it must prove to the relevant authority that they have the right cleaning tools. In addition to that they must also demonstrate they know how to use those equipment so as to give the client quality services.
2. They have complied with all laws and regulations
Before a cleaning company is licensed, it must comply with all laws and regulation that governs the cleaning industry. This laws have been put in place by the state to ensure that cleaning companies maintain high cleaning standards. When you hire a cleaning company that is not licensed, it means that it has not complied with laws and regulation that have been put in place. This means that you should not expect to get quality services form them. On the other hand, if you hire a cleaning services that is licensed, then you should expect nothing but the best because the company has complied with all strict laws that have been put in place.
3. They have good reputation
Before you hire the services of a cleaning company, it is very important to first take your time and inquire about its reputation. The best way to do is that is by taking your time and talking to previous clients who have used the services of that particular cleaning company. If you conduct your research well, you will come to discover that cleaning companies that are licensed enjoy good reputation when compared to those that have not been licensed. This is because licensed cleaning companies are usually concerned in giving client quality services as opposed to making profits as it is usually the case with cleaning companies that have not been licensed. Choosing a cleaning company that has good reputation with increase your chances of getting quality services.
4. They are insured
All cleaning services that have been licensed have also been insured. Insurance is a very important factor that many homeowners in Singapore usually overlook when looking for a reliable cleaning company. If a company is insured, it actually means that it will take care of all expenses that will occur when they are in line of duty. This means that if they damage your television or fridge when cleaning your house, they will actually be liable for the cost of repair or replacement. This factor is very important because it means that you don’t have to worry about losing your hard earned items.
5. They have qualified cleaners
The difference between getting a quality cleaning services that even exceed your expectations and getting low quality services that disappoints you lies on the cleaners. Cleaning companies that have not been licensed care less about the quality of cleaners that they hire. Most of them are usually interested in making huge profits as opposed to providing quality services to their clients. However, that is not the case with licensed cleaning companies. Their main priority is to provide quality services to their clients and that is why they usually hire cleaners who are quailed and experienced. In addition to that, they usually train them on a regular basis to ensure that they are equipped with the latest cleaning skills that the market demands.
6. They exercise high level of integrity
There have been many cases of clients losing their assets when they hire a cleaning company. A licensed cleaning company usually excursive high level of integrity. They have cleaners who have been well trained and they respect the client’s property. When you hire their services, you don’t have to be on guard all the time because you are worried that you will lose your valuable assets. This is because they exercise high level of integrity and professionalism when dealing with client’s property.
7. Quality customer care services
The quality of customer care given will dictate the quality of cleaning services that you will get. Licensed cleaning companies value their clients more than anything else and that is why most of them have established a customer care department that exclusively deals with customer issues. If you want to inquire about their services, hire their service or even file a complaint, you can be sure that you will be listened to and appropriate action will be taken within a very short period of time. This is because they believe in giving quality services that are long lasting to their clients. Quality customer care services that they give also means that they are reliable.
Friday, 2 September 2016
We all want to keep out house clean and stain free. You cannot say anything is wrong in this requirement because staying in a clean house is always the best way of having a good life. However, many times, you get some stubborn stains in your home and you fail to clean the same with ease. In order to clean these stubborn stains, many people prefer to use different kind of chemicals and that is definitely a trustworthy method for same. But a lot of other people are also there that trust on toothpaste to remove stubborn stains. Because of this reasons you and many other people that do not use this option can wonder about its use. Also, you may ask can toothpaste remove stubborn stain?
If you have the same question, then answer is yes for you.
There are so many ways that toothpaste can help you remove stubborn stains in your house and I am sharing some of the methods below with you in this article.
You can clean your iron: When you use your iron for sometimes, then it gets a specific deposition of minerals on its surface. Normally you find it really hard to remove that kind of stubborn stains from your iron and it affect the capacity of iron as well. But toothpaste can be a great solution for you in this situation. You can rub some toothpaste on the iron with toothbrush and it will break the deposition of mineral from your iron. After brushing it for some time you can wipe it with a damp cloth and you will have a clean iron easily. If you have anything else in your house that has any kind of mineral deposition on it, then you can try to remove those stains also with the help of toothpaste. Chances are high that you will be able to remove those other stains as well easily.
You can clean bathroom sink: Your bathroom sink is one of those places that always get stubborn stains on regular basis. If you want to remove these stubborn stains, you can always remove that easily using toothpaste. For this cleaning you can pour some toothpaste in your bathroom sink, you can use a sponge to scrub the sink and after that you can rinse it properly with clean water. With this method you will be able to have a shiny sink for sure. If you want you can use your bathtub also with this method and you can have shiny bathtub as well. Along with that, you can use the same for cleaning of your kitchen sink as well. You need to follow the same method for cleaning of your kitchen sink and you can get amazing result with ease in a great way.
Get rid of stains from fabric: On your fabric, you can have different kind of stubborn stains that becomes almost impossible to remove without dry cleaning. If you have any kind of stubborn stains such as lipstick, ink stains, or grease on your fabric, then you can use toothpaste to remove that stain. For this requirement you can simply rub some toothpaste in your stain using a toothbrush and that will remove the stain easily. However, before you apply this method on your dresses or fabric, it is a wise idea that you do a spot testing to confirm the toothpaste is not affecting colour of your fabric.
Remove crayon from your wall: If you have some kids in your family, then you may have a lot of crayon stains as well on your walls. That is the story of every home and these crayon marks can be one of the most stubborn stains to remove. Thankfully you can remove the crayon marks easily with the help of toothpaste. In order to remove the crayon marks from your walls, you can use a damp cloth and you can dub some toothpaste on it. After that you can scrub the same and you can try to remove the crayon from you wall in a circular motion. In a good situation it should remove the crayons from your wall and you will be able to get a good result as well with ease. However, you need to remember that it might hurt the paint of your wall as well. To avoid that issue, you should do a patch test before applying the same for the cleaning of your wall.
Clean your furniture: If you have plastic furniture in your home then you can clean that also with the help toothpaste. If you have any kind of stain or mark on your plastic furniture then you can simply rub some toothpaste in it and that will help you have clean furniture. The good thing about this option is that if you will use it for cleaning of your furniture, then you will be able to have really great shine as well with it. So that is one more good thing that you can do f this particular requirement that too without any kind of trouble. You can use this particular option to clean your outside furniture as well as your inside one also. The only limitation is that if you are using it to clean wooden furniture’s then you should test it accordingly to get the best outcome for same.
In addition to these things, there are so many other things are also there that you can do to clean come stubborn stains from any place in your home. The good thing about this option is that you will be able to clean things without any kind of problem and you can have fantastic outcome as well with ease. So, if you have any kind of stubborn stains in your house them you can use that option for same. Also, these details can simply explain it to you that if you have any kind of stubborn stains in your house at any place, then you will be able to remove that easily with toothpaste.
Monday, 22 August 2016
Carpet stains are inevitable in the house no matter the steps you take in prevention. When it does happen, your once beautiful carpet turns into 50 shades of ugly. Spills from ink, nail paint, tea or coffee, wine, or pet mess could negatively affect your carpet without recourse that is if you do not act fast and remove it. There are several DIY remedies for a stained carpet that will save your dime. A penny earned is a penny saved so they say, you won’t have to call professional carpet cleaners .Below are some tips on removing stains from carpet.Some of the Most Useful Tips On Removing Stains From Carpet
Coffee and tea stains
Coffee or tea spills are normal in any household but what will you do when they tarnish the look of your carpet? Worse still, someone might confuse them for pet mess, your hypersensitive allergic visitor won’t touch on his/her food. To save face, whenever coffee spills on your carpet do the following.
Dry the stained area by wiping with a clean dry towel, be sure to contain the stain within a small area, and do not spread it further by rubbing.
• Sufficiently spray the soiled area with a solution of vinegar, water and a detergent
• Soak the stained spot with the stain remover mixture, rub, rinse with warm water and dry. Repeat the soaking and rubbing until the stain is vanquished.
• If you plan to use stain removal products first perform a test to ensure the chemicals won’t react negatively with your carpet material. Safety first so take precautions and wear gloves to protect your skin while working with this treatments.
Alcohol drinks and fruit juices
There are many household solutions and chemicals you can use to remove alcoholic drink stains from your carpet. Follow the below procedure.
• Wipe the stain with a clean dry towel, don’t rub for this cause the stain to further embed in the fabric and be stubborn to remove
• Use a homemade stain remover made of vinegar, Dawn dish soap and water. Spray the solution on the stained area and allow soaking for five minutes.
• After soaking for some time proceed to blot with a clean dry towel until the stain is removed.
• For stubborn stains, try some carpet stain removal products in the market, but be sure to test on a small area first before applying the treatments on the rest of your carpet.
• Alternatively, if you spill alcohol on your carpet, pour some white wine on the spot to blot the color.
• Rinse, then sprinkle baking soda or salt on the area and rub in gently
• Rinse again and vacuum to dry.
• If you spill fresh juice on the carpet shaving cream can save your day. Simply squirt some shaving cream on the stained area and wait for a few seconds
• Wipe the area clean with a clean clothe
Do not let the color freak you out, blood stains are some of the easiest to clean from your carpet. All you need to do is clean it fast before it dries on the spot. The longer you wait, the more stubborn it becomes.
• Spray the area with an assortment of cold water and detergent .Cold water is preferred because blood coagulates in heat and warm water will make it to sip further and spread to other areas. Spray the stained area until it is totally soaked
• Use a clean and dry white cloth to wipe the area and remove the stain
• Rinse with cold water and repeat the procedure until the stain is entirely removed.
Kids love playing around with ink and occasionally they decide to add their own decorations on the floor. Do you sometimes worry; the tips below will help you rid your carpet of the stubborn ink spills.
• Beer is a perfect stain remover. Soak a clean dry cloth in beer and dab the wet cloth on the stained area until the spot is soaked with the alcohol. You can also use whiskeys or white wine or vinegar.
• Alternatively, you can just pour the alcohol on the stained area as long as you make sure it does not spread.
• Carefully wipe away the stain. Rinse with water and vacuum dry until the spot is free of moisture
• Repeat the procedure until all the ink stain is removed from your carpet.
• Cornstarch is also a perfect remover of ink stains. Mix 1 tablespoon of corn starch in water and stir it into a thick paste.
• Spread the paste on the stained area and leave it there for a few minutes
• Slowly remove it, rinse, and vacuum dry
• Apply a good amount of baking soda on the affected area and spray with vinegar
• The baking soda will start fizzing as soon as you add vinegar on it
• Wait for a few seconds until the baking soda and vinegar mixture soaks the stain
• Wipe clean with a dry cloth, rinse and vacuum to dry
• Club soda also works well on pet urine; blot the excess urine with a towel and then spray club soda on the area generously
• Leave to soak for a while and then scrub the area with a detergent
• Rinse and vacuum dry
Grease stains can come from broth spills, margarine, or your child playing around with greasepaint.
• Wipe the grease from the area with a clean dry towel
• Get hold of a dry cleaning liquid and apply on the area
• Gently work on the fluid in the area , making sure the stain doesn’t spread
• Continue applying the liquid and wiping until the stain is completely removed
Any other stain
Sometimes you can rarely recall what caused the stain, or it is a mixture of various stains. Ammonia solution will do the trick for you and rid whatever stain it is.
• Mix a solution of ammonia and hot water
• Pour this solution into a spray bottle and liberally spray the affected area
• Wipe away with a white towel and dry
• Repeat the process until all stain is removed
Saturday, 2 July 2016
There is nothing fulfilling like having beautiful and attractive upholstered furniture at your home, especially during holidays like the Hari Raya festivals. Typically the majority of the Singapore population will want to have their home furniture to be sparkling both before, during and after the celebrations. Unfortunately, such conditions are hard to maintain especially during the holidays since the home upholstery will be subjected to spills from the food and drinks that will be consumed and not to forget dust and other sorts of dirt.
Depending on the type of food or drink, different types of stains will develop on your beautiful upholstery. However, this should not worry you at all since I will give you tips on how to clean your upholstery this Hari Raya.
Since these items are also to be used in the future, it’s advisable to put in place a favorable cleaning process that will ensure that they stay looking good.
For starters, the material of the upholstery that you intend to use this Hari Raya should be relatively easy to clean and care for. Starting with the right fabric will make a huge difference.
The easiest way of keeping your upholstery looking good is the implementation of a regular vacuuming routine. This exercise will help you to get rid of any grime and dirt before it is ingrained in the fabric. Dirt and dust accumulate at a very alarming rate and should, therefore, be dealt with swiftly.
For effective vacuuming, you can use the attachment on your soft brush to gently whisk away the dirt from your cushion. The crevice tool, on the other hand, can be used to penetrate all tight corners and spots. When your upholstered furniture develops stains and spots and starts looking dingy, you are supposed to vacuum it before carrying out any other cleaning process.
You are strongly advised to vacuum since in so doing; you will be able to lift up dust and dirt which when wet will further sully your upholstered furniture and contribute to your cleaning woes.
Another important tip on how to clean your upholstery clean during this Hari Raya is- ensuring to clean up stains and spills immediately since this is the perfect way to deal with them before they have an adverse effect on the look of your beautiful furniture.
Spills, especially during festivals, are inevitable no matter how careful you will try to be so as to avoid them. In case they occur, gently blot them and DO NOT scrub or rub the spills. The blotting should be done immediately using a paper towel or white towel. In so doing, you will be able to prevent the stain from sticking into the fabric. If the stain needs more than a subtle dab, Spot clean according to the instructions on the manufacturer’s tag.
Always make a point of testing your cleaning products in an inconspicuous area before you use them on your upholstery. After you test the cleaning products and find them good to go, apply them on the spill with a soft brush in a circular motion. This will ensure that you work into the fibers. After the stain removing the stain, vacuum the upholstered furniture dry.
However, in case the stains are stubborn to remove, do not hesitate to call the experts. Professional cleaning will definitely restore the comfort and beauty of the fabric. Always leave the heavy and stubborn stains to the experts.
Cleaners for different fabrics
One thing that you are supposed to note is that different types of cleaners are meant for different materials.
Well, if your upholstery is made of synthetic material, then count yourself lucky since this is the easiest fabric to clean. However, still, take a look at the tags to identify the type of furniture cleaning agents that should be used since you cannot clean all synthetic fibers in the same manner. Generally, any water based agent will work on these materials.
When you have a combination of materials i.e. synthetic and natural fabrics, you are recommended to get professional assistance since such materials require special treatment from trained professionals.
If your upholstered furniture is made up of 100% natural fibers, you can do the cleaning all by yourself unless the label states otherwise. When cleaning these fabrics, you are advised to go for water-based cleaning agents. However, note that the excessive use of water cause shrinking to occur and rings to show. Therefore, you are advised to use very little water when cleaning
These are relatively easy to clean and maintain since dirt and dust typically remain very loose in the furniture. Vacuuming quickly cleans these types of upholstered furniture.
If you were wondering how you can clean and maintain your upholstery during this Hari Raya festival, then you have come to the right place. Cleaning leather materials involves different processes. Typically, you will need to get a leather upholstery cleaning agent and some leather conditioner. These two will give you remarkable results.
Now, I am sure that I have given you enough tips on how you will clean your different upholstery this Hari Raya. Always never forget to check the tags since they give you the general instructions on how you should go about when cleaning your furniture. Stick to this tips and you will have remarkable results. Have a happy and blessed this Hari Raya.